hospital jones blues

dragged myself to the hospital
to see what they could find
dragged my ass down to the hospital
to see what they could find
they said you got insurance baby
i said yeah, they said back of the line

drew some blood at the hospital
think they took a pint
lost my blood all over the hospital
i believe they spilled the whole vial flight
but they ain't gonna scoop it up now
they say what’d’you think we got all night?

laid me down at the hospital
showered me with light
they laid down in a hospital bed
scanned my body with the harshest light
said the radiation don't hurt a bit child
but what barks tomorrow today might not bite

tied my wrists at the hospital
said it made me easier to identify
chained those ties to the gurney bar
they said it was for my own good just hold tight
but my baby ain’t visited lately
i dreamed she’s out there flying my kite

they sang a song to me at the hospital
dripped straight scag through the iv
sang a song at that evil hospital
just like an elegy
said i wouldn’t remember a thing
but i remember seeing double yes i do
and they zipped me in a bag still shivering

No comments: